Find Lost or Missing Files after Windows 10 Spring Creators Update – Know How?
As we all know that Windows OS latest update is Windows 10 Spring Creators, which has been there in the market and even has come up with some improvements in Windows 10. Numerous of changes has been made that covers up the features like the expansion of Windows 10 present task view, which works like a time machine, resume work on earlier sessions, etc. It supports both Android and iOS devices.
The latest update has make pairing of new Bluetooth devices with Windows 10. Even the Cortana, virtual assistant in Win 10 is also updated. However, after updating Windows 10 Spring Creators, many users faced an issue that their files got deleted. Due to which they have lost their crucial data just after updating of Windows 10.
BitRecover Windows Data Recovery Software is a precise solution to get back all your lost or missing data files in exact form. The tool preserves the integrity of data after recovering it. No external application is required to restore the lost data.
As the significant modifications in the location of downloads, pictures, documents, other folders & files may have change. Even some lost their all data from those folders. Therefore, we have come up with some solutions to recover your lost data after Windows 10 Spring Creators update.
Techniques to Recover lost Data after Windows 10 Spring Creators Update
Method 1: Check Recycle Bin
Just after the update of MS Windows 10 Spring Creators update if you lost or even some of your files are missing. Then, firstly just check Recycle Bin. If you get your files there then, its good. Otherwise, just move to next step.
Method 2: Check User Account Directory or Folder
It has been found as well as discussed that even after updating this major Microsoft windows update, users are losing their important data. For get back the data you can simply go to “C:\Users\ [USERNAME]\” location in your machine. Open folder and look for your lost or missing files. As most of the users get their data from this location. Further, you can move all those files top folders under “This PC” and use them easily.
Method 3: Restore Files
This method will only work if you have File History Backup setting enabled before updating Windows 10 Spring Creators. If it was enabled then, simply follow the steps to restore the data:
- Firstly, press Windows + Q >> type File History.
- Now, click on the ‘Restore your files with File History’.
- Enter name of file that you have lost in search box or even directly browse diverse versions of your data files or folders by using left and right arrow keys.
- Choose files or folders, which you need to restore to its original location.
- After choosing, click ‘Restore’ button.
- After this, right-click on Restore button if you need to restore all your files to diverse location than original.
Method 4: Restore Your Machine
If you create regular Windows Backup then, you can simply recover all your data. If not then, follow the given steps:
- Click on the ‘Start >> choose Settings options > > click on Update & Security’.
- Select ‘Backup’ >> choose ‘Go to Backup & Restore’.
- Now, click on the Restore my Files and simply follow to restore all your files.
Method 5: Rollback Windows 10 Spring Creators
This is the last way to recover your lost data by uninstalling Windows update by using the mentioned steps:
- Press Windows Start button from the keyboard and click on gear icon to use Settings menu.
- Now, click on the ‘Update & Security’.
- Select Windows Update settings and click on the Update history.
- After this, click on Uninstall updates under the Update History window. A new window will appear.
- Choose Windows update after that your files got missing.
- Restart the machine and check if you can use lost files and folders.
You can even go to ‘Recovery’ option under the Update & Security settings and click on the Get Started button under the ‘Go back to earlier build’ section to simply rollback to earlier Windows edition.
Data is an important thing for every. If it is lost then, it is like we are completely helpless. Similar is the case after updating Windows 10 Spring Creators, users lost all their data. Therefore, we have come up with some solutions to resolve users’ issue and get back their data.