Recover Data when Hard Drive Shows 0 Byte – Know How?
Most of the time while working hard disk, it shows 0 bytes of free space and become RAW. Moreover, the data inside it become trapped. Even, when you simply try to open such hard drive it will give you “Access is denied” error. If you check the properties then, it shows you 0 byte of the used space, 0 bytes of free space and file system.
BitRecover Data Recovery Software is a complete application that recovers all the lost, deleted, damaged or corrupted data in the exact form. The software does not need any external application to retrieve the data. The tool is completely Windows based.
Solution to Recover Data when Hard Drive Shows 0 Byte
In a way when you just try to connect your hard drive to other PC. If your hard drive still gives 0 byte and RAW file system. Then, just follow the mentioned steps:
Solution 1: Rename Hard Drive Letter
Follow the given steps to rename hard drive letter:
- Press the ‘Windows+R’ and simply type diskmgmt.msc >> hit ‘Enter’.
- Now, the Disk Management window will appear.
- After that, right-click on hard drive that displays 0 bytes free space and select ‘Change Drive Letter and Paths.’
- Click on ‘Change’ button >> select drive letter from the drop-down list.
- Click on the ‘OK’ >> click ‘Yes’ when prompted. Now, click ‘OK’ to simply confirm and close the box.
Once it is done then, restart the machine. You should be able to use your drive and files saved on the drive.
Solution 2: Run CHCKDSK Utility
CHKDSK can simply help in repairing File System, which is corrupted because of development of bad sectors in the hard drive. This can help to fix drive showing 0 bytes problem and you must be able to use drive data. To implement CHKDSK utility on your hard drive, follow steps:
- Press ‘Windows+S’ >> type cmd.
- Now, right-click on the Command Prompt >> choose ‘Run as administrator’. The Command Prompt window open up.
- Type chkdsk X: /r /f where X is hard drive letter, which shows 0 bytes; /r & /f are chkdsk parameters. Click on the ‘Enter’ key to implement chkdsk.
Wait until it is finished. This will probably fix your drive. Restart your PC and try to use the hard drive.
Solution 3: Utilize MS Safety Scanner
Microsoft safety scanner will help you to get rid of the malware, spyware, etc. The application installed ion your machine, must be causing the problem. It is a freely downloadable security tool from Microsoft. It works with the present antivirus software.
However, while scanning if the tool gets any bad sector. Then, it will repair that sector which ultimately may cause data loss. So utilize this at your own risk.
Data recovery is quite important especially in a situation if you do not have any backup. Therefore, we have come up with a solution if you got an error in the hard drive as it shows 0 Byte. If you need any assistance then, feel free to contact us.