Settings according to User Preferences depending on the saving option:
For PST, MBOX, CSV, Lotus Notes, Zimbra , Outlook for Mac Archive (OLM) :
Simply Select the Destination Path & Save the Thunderbird file in desired system Location
For MSG EML, EMLX, TXT, HTML, MHT, XPS, RTF, DOC, Windows Live Mail, PDF, Maildir:
- File Naming Option : Thunderbird Converter software offers multiple file naming options to store converted data in different universal formatting. It offers file naming options like Original File Name, Subject + Date (dd-mm-yyyy), From + Subject + Date (yyyy-mm-dd),From + Subject + Date (dd-mm-yyyy), Date (dd-mm-yyyy) + From + Subject, Date (yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss) + From + Subject,Date (yyyy-mm-dd hhmm), From +Date (yyyy-mm-dd hhmm), Date (mm-dd-yyyy) +Subject + From, Date (yyyy-mm-dd) +From + Subject, AutoIncrement.
For For Gmail, Yahoo, outlook.com :
For this, you need to provide only Gmail / G suite Credentials i.e email address & password. Also make sure that you enable IMAP & Less Secure Apps in Settings . Know How to do it here https://www.bitrecover.com/blog/gmail-settings-for-messages-import/
For Office 365 & Exchange Server : You need to enter the following details :
- Change Language: Allows users to change the O365 folder 's language to 9 distinct languages: English, Dutch , French, German , Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Italian, Finnish. If Language is chosen as German, for example, the folder name would be changed from “Task” to Aufgaben, Inbox as Posteingang.
- I am Admin : If you are Office 365 Administrator Select option "I am Admin" & enter Enter Office 365 Administrator Username & Password. Using this option you can you to perform User- Mailbox Mapping ( ie. Export Different Thunderbird data files / folders to Different Office 365 User Account.)
- Office 365 Email & Password : If You are general Office 365 User , You need to enter Office 365 Username & password to export Thunderbird mailbox emails into Office 365 Account
- Copy to Default Folder : This choice enables Thunderbird data to be combined with current Office 365 directories. If you uncheck this option, Thunderbird emails with an entirely new folder with exported date & time will be migrated to Office 365 Webmail. E.g.: 23-09-2020 11-05.
Exchange Server Name
For IMAP :
You can convert Thunderbird mailbox data to any IMAP Server such as AOL.com, Zoho mail iCloud, .Me or .Mac, XFINITY, 1and1 Email @protonmail.com, Windows @live.com , COX, Rackspace, Fastmail, Comcast etc. For this you need to provide Email Address, Password, IMAP Host , IMAP Port No. for required conversion. For example for zoho enter your email address & Password , Enter IMAP Host : imap.zoho.com, Port No. 993