How to Backup Outlook.live.com / Outlook Emails to Hard Drive ?
In this article, we will learn about how to backup Outlook emails to hard drive? If yes, then read this complete blog to know about the perfect and easiest solution. With the help of the professional tool, users can complete the process easily.
We’ll just explain the different methods to backup Outlook emails. Here we will explain about backup process of both Outlook desktop-based email clients as well as Outlook.live.com (Online Outlook). The tool will permit the users to export Outlook emails to external hard drive.
User query: “My machine is having some problems with regards to Outlook from last days. However, most of the applications are running fine, Outlook and two other programs are not working. The technician advised that it can be due to some virus attack and asked me to export the Microsoft Outlook emails for safety. Is there any easy technique to export Outlook emails to external hard drive? If yes, then please let me know.”
If you are also facing issues like above user then, we will guide you regarding the same. Here we will discuss about how to move Outlook emails to hard drive in both MS Outlook Desktop app and Outlook.com webmail.
Read similar information
Methods of backup Outlook emails to hard drive
- By using a Manual solution
- By using a professional solution
- Backup MS Outlook Desktop app
- com webmail
Export Outlook emails to external hard drive using Manual method
Follow these simple steps to backup Outlook emails to hard drive manually:
- First, check out where does Outlook saves your email. Then, run Microsoft Outlook and Login.
- After that, click “File” and select “Account Settings”.
- Then, click “Data Files” and check out the exact location of Outlook .pst and .ost files on your PC.
- Thereafter, if you need to open the PST or OST file in Windows Explorer, click on “Open File Location”.
- After this, you can easily copy .pst or .ost files and store to your hard drive or external hard drive as a backup.
What are the Limitations of Manual method?
This method is not suitable for those users who wants to move outlook emails to hard drive. The manual method consumes a lot of time by because users have to repeat the same task. Business professionals know the value of time so they never go with the manual method. As it will waste their lot of time. But if someone wants to backup only a few emails from Microsoft Outlook then user can use the manual technique.
Backup MS Outlook Desktop app to Hard drive by using Professional Tool
There are many users who use Outlook Desktop app. They can use Outlook PST Converter to backup their Outlook desktop client emails in hard drive. This application can backup emails easily without any hassle. It can export Outlook emails to external hard drive with all properties like email, contact, calendar, journal, etc. Even by maintaining the original folder hierarchy structure.
How to backup Outlook emails to hard drive – stepwise process
Follow some simple steps and process to complete the backup process of Outlook emails
- First, launch the software and run it on Windows / Mac OS. The welcome screen of the software will appear on the screen.
- The tool has the capability to upload Outlook data files (.ost or .pst) automatically in the software window.
- After that, the tool will show all email folders and other items in the software panel, select folders, and press the Next button.
- Thereafter, select file saving options from the given drop list.
- This application gives you various file naming options too.
- After that, tap on the Convert button to start the backup process.
- Users can see the live backup process on their screen.
- Finally, after completion user can click on OK.
- At last, after completion tool will automatically open the resultant files
Noteworthy features of software
- Users can export Outlook emails to external hard drive automatically without even changing original folder hierarchy structure i.e., INBOX, SENT, ALL MAIL, DELETED, ITEMS, OUTBOX, etc.
- The tool allows users to choose specific folders to select emails for backup into hard disk.
- This utility application is capable to extract attachments from Outlook data file (*.ost or *.pst) as well as from configured Outlook account.
- It can be installed on all Windows OS as well as Mac OS based machines.
- This software gives freedom to users to store extracted Outlook messages at any destination path of pc as well as an external hard drive.
Backup Outlook.live.com emails to Hard drive by using Automated Tool
Many users also look for a backup of their Outlook web app emails. They can take the help of Outlook.com Backup Software to complete the process. It can download Outlook Live & Hotmail mail accounts including all email attachments. All email components and folder structure will remain unchanged after completion. Now let’s see the working process of this application.
How to export Outlook Web App emails to hard drive – Steps
User have to follow these simple steps to complete the backup process
- First, download and install the recommended tool on the system.
- Now, enter Outlook.com email login credentials and then press on login button.
- Select all the desired folders which you want to create a backup.
- After that, select the required file saving option from the given list.
- This application offers advance filter options to its users.
- Now, select the destination path accordingly if you want.
- Thereafter click on backup button to start the process. You can see the live migration process on your screen.
- After completion of the backup process, a pop-up box will appear. Click on OK.
- Finally, you can check the output files.
Best Features of the suggested application
- This application is fully automatic software that asks only Outlook.live.com login details to backup Outlook.com emails to external hard dis.
- The tool has some advanced search filters as well. Through this users can easily download attachments only for specific extensions and by date range.
- The tool gives the freedom to store backup emails at any selected destination path according to the choice of users.
- The toolkit allows to backup Outlook.com emails to hard disk only from desired selected folders if users want.
- It is capable to export online Outlook emails to hard drive in eject file extensions without any loss of data.
Here we have discussed about how to backup Outlook emails to hard drive. We have explained about both Outlook web app and Outlook desktop client. By following above mentioned steps users can easily overcome this situation without facing any issue. These applications also offer lots of features to its users. If users still have some kind of doubt, they can go with demo version of the tool. Through this, they will know the application very well. After satisfaction user can purchase the tool. So, read the complete blog carefully and get rid of all the problems.